Tuesday, November 06, 2012

George Allen: 'If not now, when? If not us, who?'

 Susan and George Allen in line to vote early Tuesday morning.

"If not now, when? If not us, who?"  

When my father passed away, my mother gave me a plaque of his with those engraved words of Ronald Reagan.

In fact, Ronald Reagan inspired me to get involved in organized politics. When I was a student at UVA, Reagan asked me to be the Chairman of Young Virginians for Reagan during his first run for the presidency in 1976.

And it's been an invigorating and challenging journey of public service ever since.

Susan and I are so grateful for the amazing outpouring of support and prayers in this campaign and the thousands of dedicated volunteers working hard with door knocks, phone calls and signs for victory.

Today Virginians are headed to the polls to make a decision about the direction of our country.

A decision about whether we will have the freedom and opportunity for the jobs Americans need or continue on the path of higher taxes, more regulations, deeper deficits and fewer jobs.

I respectfully ask for your vote.  Please get all your family, friends and neighbors to vote. We can't take one vote for granted.

If I have the honor of serving as your U.S. Senator, my job will be to fight for yours.

Thank you for all your support.

Standing Strong for Freedom,
Signature
George Allen

No comments: